What are Detective Hero games?
Detective Hero games are murder mysteries where you are the main character.
You and your team mates will use your wits to piece together the evidence and clues, solve the crime and expose the murderer!
Using the app’s built-in map, you’ll navigate around a city centre, discovering virtual suspects, witnesses, weapons and clues.
Each of the characters will give you detailed information to lead you closer to solving the murder mystery.
My game is lagging or the map won't zoom
If the app is lagging or you can’t zoom in and out on the map, return to the main Menu and pull down the screen to refresh the games feed. This will refresh the app and force a reload. Refreshing or closing the app won’t lose any of your unlocked content – your progress will be saved.
I answered an unlocking question correctly, but the item doesn't show
If an item doesn’t show on the map immediately after answering a question correctly, you may need to put in the answer again before the item shows. Tap the item on the map and choose the same answer.
How do I play the game?
In the game list, select the game you hold a ticket for. Enter your ticket code to start.
Once you enter a code successfully, the app will display a team code. Share this with your teammates, so they can join your game.
Make sure your phone’s GPS is turned on, as your location is key to unlocking content in the game.
You will see unknown, locked items on the map, marked by question marks. Visit all the items on the map.
Weapons and clues will unlock automatically once you enter a trigger radius for each item. They will then show up on your screen.
When you find a suspect or witness, a short multiple-choice question will appear. Answer the question to unlock the character. The unlocking question will be based on your surroundings, so keep your eyes peeled for clues all around you!
You can review the information you’ve unlocked at any time. Click the menu button at the bottom of the map to move to the main menu. From there you can navigate to the characters and clues you’ve unlocked. Click on an image or name to see more detail.
The aim of the game is to find and unlock all of the items, so that you can put together the evidence and solve the murder mystery.
Once you’ve decided which suspect is the murderer, and which weapon they used, select these from the menu. Press the button “Set as guilty” for the suspect, and “Set as murder weapon” for the weapon.
When you’ve set both a guilty suspect and a murder weapon, you can press the “Solve” button on the menu. If you’re right – congratulations! You’re a detective hero!
If you get an answer wrong, don’t worry – you can try again!
The location pin isn't working or is jumping around
The app’s location settings update with every metre you move. Occasionally buildings can block your signal. If the location pin doesn’t move when you move or seems to jump around, try waiting a moment for it to stabilise.
I am in the right place but the item isn't coming up
Items can be unlocked within a 10m radius. Items may not always show exactly on the map. Try moving around a few metres to trigger your device into recognising the item. If this doesn’t work, try refreshing the game feed from the main menu, and then return to the map view.
I'm still having problems and can't get my game to work
We’re sorry you’re having problems. We test all our games to make sure everything is working correctly, but we understand there can be unforeseen issues. Please get in touch with us as soon as possible and we’ll do our best to help.
How to optimise your battery life when playing Detective Hero
Adjusting battery saver settings on different devices:
- HTC: Access your phone settings > battery > power saving mode > battery optimization > select your app > don’t optimize > save
- Huawei: Turn Energy Settings to Normal and add your app to “Protected Apps”
- LG If you’re running Android 6 or higher: Settings > battery & power saving > battery usage > ignore optimizations > turn ON for your app
- Motorola If you’re running Android 6 or higher: Battery > select the menu in the upper right-hand corner > battery optimization > not optimized > all apps > select your app > don’t optimize
- OnePlus (using OxygenOS Settings): Battery > battery optimization > switch to ‘all apps’ > select your app > don’t optimize
- Samsung: Access battery settings > app power saving > details > your app > disabled
- Sony If you’re running Android 6 or higher: Battery > from the menu in the upper right-hand corner > battery optimization > apps > your app
- Xiaomi (MIUI OS) If you’re running Android 6 or higher: Access your phone settings > additional settings > battery and performance > manage battery usage > apps > your app